With the exception of the works of “guest writers” and cited material, I own the content on this web site – the content is copyrighted in my name.
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works. Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
- To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
- To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
- To display the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual work; and
- In the case of sound recordings,* to perform the work publicly by means of a digital audio transmission. It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.
You do have my permission to:
- Link to any article on my site;
- Print up to 50 copies of any one article for educational reasons;
- Print posts from my website in any non-commercial publication or for any non-commercial reasons provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2009, Ellis J. Still. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.ellisstill.wordpress.com.”
Works by guest writers does not apply to copyright material under my name. If you are interested in re-posting or publishing their content, you must contact them directly.
If you would liketo use my work in any other way that is not covered here, please contact me directly.